The 8 hr Standard Course features the same CPs throughout the course as the 12-hr course, just starting 4 hrs into the race. On Sat June 17th, 2017 8-hr teams will take off to race on the longest weekend of the year, so you’re guaranteed to have light for the full 8 hrs. The Summer Solstice joins the SPROUTE and the STORM as a USARA Points Qualifier race. The 8-hr race is complete with Mtn Biking mostly on roads, a shorter Paddle-O section, both wooded and Urban Orienteering (ala’ Amazing Race style) as well as a little history lesson all along the way. The race as always will feature Cash Prizes or Free Race Entry for top finisher Team(s), lots of SWAG raffle prizes for everyone, a Summer Picnic Cookout style post-race food, and FREE post-race massages for all (What a way to finish a race)! Where can you get this much racing, food, massages, prizes and more for only a $100 bucks? If you’d like help locating a teammate, we are here to help you, just ask!
- 8 Hours (Total Miles TBD) – Going to every CP
- $80 a person thru April 1st
- $100 a person April 1st thru May 31st
- $120, after May 31st, 2017
- Mountain biking/Road Biking
- Woods Orienteering Navigation
- Urban Orienteering Navigation
- Maps will consist of Topo Maps (1:24K and 1:10K) as well as Park Maps
ALL Racers Receive:
- Great Topo Map(s)
- Custom T-Shirts
- Lots of SWAG Prizes
- Homemade Post-Race Picnic
- A Great Time!