There are actually 2 races in one at this meet. These are a 6-hr & a 9-hr Rogaine style Orienteering meet complete with Mtn Biking and Trekking on roads, trails, and bushwhacking throughout the entire York River State Park. 6 & 9 hr course racers can use Feet &/or Mtn Bikes throughout the entire race however and wherever they like (LOTS of course strategy because of this)! Both races will feature detailed Maps, SWAG raffle prizes for everyone and a Summer Cookout style post-race food! Where can you get this much racing, post-race food, prizes and more for only 30 bucks?
- 6-hr & 9-hr Courses – Varying distances based on routes and # of Controls that are traveled to (Estimated 25-30 mi for 9-hr course)
- $30 a person for the 6 hr or 9 hr Courses
- Woods/Trails Orienteering Navigation
- Mountain Biking (for 6 & 9 hr Races)
- Maps will consist of Orienteering Maps (1:10K) as well as Park Maps
ALL Racers Receive:
- Great Orienteering Topo Map(s)
- SWAG Prizes
- Homemade Post-Race Picnic
- A Great Time!