Sr. Application Engineer
Mark was introduced to Adventure Racing by one of the Founders of AR: Don Mann of Odyssey Adventures Racing in 2002. He worked as a Volunteer for the “Dirty Dozen” climbing team w/ Odyssey for a couple years to learn everything about AR.
In 2009, Mark started double duty, racing and becoming a Race Director for Soggy Bottom Boys Racing (SBB Racing), designing and putting on Rogaines, O-Meets and various length Adventure Races. He teaches Orienteering for Merit badges to Scouts as well as a few AR101 Clinics each year to new racers looking for help learning more about Adventure Racing. His biggest passion is to help introduce and teach new people about this incredible sport of Adventure Racing and to put on AR races with unique differences for the racers. He has been married for the last 26 yrs and loves Dog Rescue.
Mark started AR Racing in 2002 in every Team format for the next 17 years from Soloists thru 4-person coed, in Sprints, 12, 24, 48, 60+ hr races up to and including Expedition races like Untamed New England and the culmination 500 mi Primal Quest Utah Expedition AR Race. He has competed in over 75 AR races. Favorite Discipline – Paddling & Navigation Logistics for the team.
- 2005 – Odyssey 40-hr E-Fix (2nd Place Soloist, 4th overall)
- 2005 – HR Adventure TASC – (1st place Co-ed, 1st overall)
- 2006 – HR Adventure 18-hr STORM (1st Place Co-ed, 1st overall)
- 2006 – 60-hr PHEAR Expedition Race (1st Place 3-man, 2nd overall)
- 2006 – Primal Quest 500 mi Expedition Race (38 place overall out of 90 teams)
- 2007 – Northern Georgia NGAR 40-hr Race (Tied 4th & 5th place Co-ed overall)
- 2008-2018 (Various Top 5 or better finishes in many races)